Like most schools in our region, state and country, Career and Technical centers operations were significantly impacted by the Coronavirus. Students were limited in their lab time, and events such as interview days and job fairs moved to virtual settings.
In advance of the 2021-2022 school year, the BIA, and the BIA Workforce Committee, are making a concerted effort to reengage with local career centers to establish relationships and develop a strong talent pipeline to the residential construction industry.
The Committee is looking for one builder and one associate to serve as liaisons for the following programs:
· Delaware Area Career Center
· Tolles Career & Technical Center
· Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools
· Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools (Adult)
· Ft. Hayes Metropolitan Career Center
· Career & Technology Education Centers of Licking County (C-Tec)
· South-Western City Schools Career Tech
· Fairfield County Workforce Center (Adult)
· Youth Build Columbus Community School
· Ohio Construction Academy
The time commitment of a program liaison is minimal, but the impact is significant. Building liaisons will help identify opportunities such as:
· Speaker opportunities.
· Internship opportunities.
· Interview days.
· Mentorship programs.
· Material Needs.
If you are interested in learning more about how you and your company can make an impact for our industry, please contact Jon Melchi (Jon@biahomebuilders.com).