Many careers in the homebuilding and construction industry pay well, offer opportunities for advancement and don’t require a college degree. You just need to be motivated, be will to work hard and have a high school diploma.
Opportunities include carpentry, electric, plumbing, heating and cooling, masonry and painting just to name a few.
The Fireplace Service Technician is responsible for providing service on pre-fabricated fireplace products in homes, commercial sites, etc. § Providing service on previously installed fireplaces. § Responsible for responding to service calls that include product installation and/or repair of fireplaces and/or gas logs § Working directly with customers and providing excellent customer service. § Able to read and follow technical information and specifications provided by the fireplace manufacturer. § Must know and meet specific building codes. WE OFFER § Medical § Dental § Vision § 401(k) with company match § Company paid life insurance, Short-term disability & Long-term disability § Generous paid time off § Employee discounts § Volunteer time off PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTS § Drug test § Background screening § Driving record screening
▪ Provide administrative support for purchasing department including routine processing of correspondence from rough or revised draft, data entry, preparation and/or maintenance of miscellaneous reports and vendor files.
▪ Process Subcontractor bids: review and analyze monthly cost changes to provide and maintain accurate sales pricing and housing budgets
▪ Field all Construction related questions to the Purchasing Department; moderating day to day communication between Subcontractors, Construction Superintendents and Sales Team
▪ Responsible for setting schedules/time frames for Subcontractor transitions or changes to the Division
▪ Coordinate training with new or existing Subcontractors to ensure proper expectations are established and maintained across all departments
▪ Review and manage new vendor applications, insurance verification and training
▪ Manage Subcontractors access to ITK
▪ Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and optimize cost effectiveness
▪ Responsible for building and ensuring that the Division’s data structure (costing) is constructed and performing in an efficient manner
▪ Perform additional assignments as requested
▪ Bachelors or Associates Degree
▪ At minimum 3 years purchasing experience
▪ Intermediate computer/Microsoft Office skills
▪ Proficient in IHMS (Residential Construction Estimating Software)
▪ Results-driven with the ability to work well in a team environment
▪ Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills (both oral & written)
▪ Possess an analytical and strategic thought process
▪ Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
Construction Operations Coordinator/
Office Manager / HR Coordinator
Phone: 614-891-8545 x201
Finding lots for residential construction just got easier with the BIA's Lot Exchange!
From estate lots, to multiple lots within a community, the Lot Exchange covers several central Ohio counties and brings buyers and sellers together in one easy resource.
Disclaimer: All information provided on this site is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed. Please check with owner and applicable government agencies for pertinent information regarding all properties listed on this site. The Building Industry Association accepts no responsibility for inaccurate or misleading listings.
Looking to sell lots?
BIA members are encouraged to post available lots at no charge. Use this form to easily send them the BIA. If you have any questions, please contact Marilyn Evans at (614) 891-0575 or Marilyn@biahomebuilders.com.
located on the south side Groveport Rd, just 1/3 mile west of High St./Waterloo Rd
intersection and ¾ mile east of Gender Rd. Short walk to more than a dozen restaurants,
coffee houses, gyms, banks, parks and the new Brew Dog Brewery & Taproom
The Property is located on the south side Butts Rd, just east of Riverside Dr and west of
South Section Line Rd; and 1.25 miles north of Home Rd and 200 yards south of Hyatts
Rd. The site is mostly wooded and has nice gently rolling topography with some
gorgeous views of the Scioto River.
Rare offering of 5 beautifully wooded waterfront parcels ranging from 5 acre to 8 acres in size. $549,900 to $649,900 Parcels are densely wooded with pines and hardwoods. Undulating topography offers a “park-like” feel featuring wooded ravines. All tracts conditionally approved for dock slips through the City of Columbus. Septic pre-approved. DELCO public water. Columbia Gas line in process of being extended by seller. Call for showing information.
Two parcels next to Westerville Bike Path. Together its just under 3 acres. Each parcel has a house, one of which is a tear down. Family-owned, so both parcels must be sold together. Second home is a ranch and would be a great rental property.
As leaders in the housing industry, we are dedicated to protecting the industry while promoting ethical business practices and standards. We support our community and our members through professional development, legislative outreach, industry promotion and charitable efforts.